[Clayart] Alternatives to hay in primitive kilns

Hank Murrow hmurrow at efn.org
Sun Apr 24 13:45:45 UTC 2022

Dear Carolyn;

Ask that son of yours to secure a bag of sanding dust from a floor finisher in the area.

The fine dust seals off the body from the air, and does not mark the glaze in any way save for color.

I use it to turn the clay in my Tea work very dark grey to reduce the contrast between clay and body.

Cheers, Hank in Eugene