[Clayart] Gas kiln and tank size question

Rob M woodfire at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 12:30:36 UTC 2022

I recently acquired a 13 cubic feet updraft kiln. It has 8 MR750 Venturi
burners that initially ran on natural gas. I'm replacing the orifice size
for propane.
I'm clueless as to how much gas this will consume for cone 6 or ideally
cone 10.
Does anyone have experience or knowledge if two 100 pound cylinders linked
together would be adequate, without freezing up with this puppy?
Seems to be a shortage of 250 pound tanks in this area (central FL).
I did read efficiency drops on a greater psi of the gas for these burners.
So I would like to keep it low. 1 psi was 77,000 plus btu’s per burner.
Thank you for the discussion.
Followed the email list in the 90’s and beyond, even stopped in the NCECA
room cup exchange one year…
Robert

--
From Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
"You see things vacationing on a motorcycle in a way that is completely