[Clayart] Gas kiln and tank size question

Dan Saultman design at saultman.com
Wed Apr 27 22:16:47 UTC 2022

When I started out I tried ganging four 100 pounders with a manifold to feed the gas kiln (a catenary arch kiln for cone 10)
I had tried all of the smaller tanks and they all froze up which limited the gas flow. I ended up getting one of those large "pigs".
Even that got a little frosty on top, but it did the job from then on.