[Clayart] Gas kiln and tank size question

vpitelka at dtccom.net vpitelka at dtccom.net
Wed Apr 27 23:07:31 UTC 2022

I agree with Terry.  Only a burner designed to handle LPG in the liquid form should ever be used to do that, and in that case the tank is still vertical but feathers an interior tube that draws the liquid from the bottom rather than the gas from the top.  Nils Lou designed a liquid propane burner.  I saw them in action at Overland Stoneware in McKinleyville, California around 1974.  They were like rocket motors - the loudest burners I have ever heard.
- Vince

Vince Pitelka
Potter, Writer, Teacher
Chapel Hill, NC