[Clayart] Handmade

Terry Lazaroff terrylazaroff at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 02:42:51 UTC 2022

We have to stop looking at our belly buttons.

When I was a chef,  my team entered a culinary competition. We followed the many restrictive rules.  The judges awarded the first, second and third to the chefs of the major hotels from the area. They broke all the rules, and won.  They gave us an honourable mention.

 We lodged a complaint stating the winners broke many rules, and thus should have been eliminated from the competition.  The answers from the jurists was simply, :”the work was beautiful, and that the public would not understand them not winning, due to some regulation infraction.

If one is a China Painter then enter a China panting competition.  If one creates mould work then enter a mould makers competition.  If a potter makes true functional works then enter functional ceramic competitions. If the call to artists is open to all forms of art then everyone competes.  Call to artists invitations should spell out the regulations, and stick to them.

  Picasso is my inspiration, Pollack was my compass, Mackenzie gave me a true bearings, Archambeau was my teacher, and Henry Moore my idol.

  Terry
 And, Liz;  my arrow as not loosed on you.  I met no malice.

Sent from my iPad