[Clayart] mel's sale

David Woof woofpots at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 6 03:23:21 UTC 2022

Robert said: "No Mel. You made your own, “luck.”
Rob Hackert"

Hi Rob,
I agree, and in keeping with the arc of these recent posts, one could say Mel or any of us who live well and with-in our means with successful purpose, make our own "Luck."
It is "Handmade" because those who reap this "good fortune" don't sit on one hand with the other hand held out waiting for "The God of Good Luck" to sprinkle us with the winning pouf of fairy dust.
We get going, make due effort and get it done.   Mel with a backhoe, David H. with a shovel and wheel barrow....etc.

I see Mel, David H. and many others, as standing shoulder to shoulder in this group of thoughtful self-aware beings who purpose and repurpose what we need for the tasks at hand.

I'm sure each describe this in their own way to themselves.

I have always sought to "recycle," now "repurpose" seems a more meaningful idea to express in one word.
But when much younger in years while working a project, I would set aside a really good material to be saved for a nebulous later need.
Subsequent accumulating of life experience taught me that there is always a bountiful supply of what we need for the "now" if we stand consciously aware and alert in the stream and pick and choose the things coming toward us and flowing by.
This is vividly expressed in the ancient concept of the Cornucopia.
So I began to use these acquired materials "now" rather than hoard for a nebulous later project and my life has been plentifully "charmed" with all that I need and some of what I want.

And so, I have never had to scramble for top dollar but have always offered to give something back by keeping my prices and work accessible.
No cutting corners, and each piece getting due attention to detail even when in repetitive limited production throwing.
A Studio Potter with nothing to be ashamed of, nor feel compelled to excuse or defend, lives well and prospers supported by an active moral compass regarding ethical concerns for the other person.

Misneach,