[Clayart] Handmade

John Rodgers jrodgers113 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 04:15:34 UTC 2022

Very interesting conversation here. But to quote Rhett Butler in Gone With
The Wind, I don't give a damn. Took me a  long while to arrive at this.
Fretted  about it a lot, finally arrived at the conclusion "I created it,
whatever it took, and if you, the customer, like it, here's my story about
its creation. Now buy it, take it home and enjoy it. Nuff said. I have quit
fretting myself over the debates that seem to go on forever. I have too
many pots and other things to create instead of  spending my energy
fretting over this. Show your customer your work, whatever it is. Talk to
them about it. Tell them about your clay journey. Get inside their head a
bit. Then they will be more likely to buy, and they will feel like they
have taken a piece of the artist home with them. Gives them something to
talk about with their friends, neighbors and relatives.

 If anyone cares to look, Google for Southern Grace Gallery and check out
my "creations!'