[Clayart] Ian Curry book information

mel jacobson melpots at mail.com
Tue Jan 4 13:02:32 UTC 2022

Hi Mel,

I'm Ian Currie's son, Hamish. I hope 2022 is treating you well so far.

You probably know that after my father passed, we continued selling copies of his books online. Unfortunately we ran out of copies quite some time ago and the printer that had previously printed them didn't have the files needed to do another print run.

I've always wanted to preserve the legacy of his books and so about the middle of last year I started the process of getting Revealing Glazes ready for print on demand. I completed that process in December and it is now available for sale again.

https://ian.currie.to/#books

I'm looking for ways to get the message out to anyone that would like a copy. I asked Hank Murrow, and he suggested that I ask you if it would be ok to post to clayart. I know that my father would regularly post to the list and that there may be a number of potters on that list that would like to know, but I don't know the etiquette about posting these kinds of messages and so I thought I'd ask you directly first.

In addition, if you have any other advice about people or communities that I should contact, that would be very gratefully accepted. I'm happy to facilitate a discount for groups that would like to order in a batch, so connecting with teachers that use the techniques in the book would be great.

thanks

Hamish Currie

PS: I'm also planning to get Stoneware Glazes available again. That is a much bigger job as there is no digital files for me to start from - I have scans of the physical book and I have run those through a piece of software that converts pictures to text, but it's got a huge number of errors and I need to work out how I'm going to handle the charts, images and tables. I've been calling it my 2022 project, but the more I look at the work required the more intimidated I feel.

website: www.melpots.com
www.melpots.com/CLAYART.HTML