[Clayart] Shino and Spodumene

vpitelka at dtccom.net vpitelka at dtccom.net
Tue Jan 4 13:23:16 UTC 2022

Hi Robert -
You give me credit for knowing more than I do.  I know a lot, but when I make a mistake or unintentionally post misleading information on Clayart, someone responds expressing surprise and implying that I should have known better.  I appreciate their confidence in me, but I'm only human.  I remember one of those silly placards pinned up in offices that said, "To err is human.  Must you be so human?"

I guess I don't have any Japanese shino recipes.  I checked all my shino recipes and they all contained spodumene.  I'll look into this further, because I'd like to introduce more shinos into my soda firings.   I might even be able to do it without any American affectations.
- Vince

Vince Pitelka
Potter, Writer, Teacher
Chapel Hill, NC