[Clayart] New Glazes

mel jacobson melpots at mail.com
Wed Jan 5 12:04:58 UTC 2022

I had a great summer here at the farm with Shino. It was just perfect in my view.
But, one morning sitting out with coffee at 5 a.m. I had a shiver. "Melvin, how long
are you going to mess with shino...give it a rest".

At the same time I was working on a green glaze. I had a bucket of `sung` style and a bucket
of 1234.  Crap color. Talk about shiver.  I just got pissed one day and added like a cup of
chrome and a quarter cup of cobalt ox to each bucket.  WOW, DID I GET GREEN.

Yes, I know...do a line blend, fart around with tests for a year...Sorry, at 87 I have to
get moving.  Every green pot I made sold in our Holiday sale. I had to push people away cuzz
they wanted to kiss me. (damn covid)

As many of you know from my writing, I have learned to fire cone6 electric, I am firing fast
to cone 11 in a small stoneware kiln.  I am doing bright red, green and blue.  cone 11 stoneware reduction.

One of my adult students made red/white/and blue and sold everything at market sales. American flag
mugs. I do believe she will have orders until 2065.

As I said when my wife Sharlene went into the nursing home forever..."Beige is dead".
As my now surgical nurse grand daughter
 said when she was five...with lisp, `Dram ma likes Earf colors.'
"What do you like Kyle."  "gwitter"
Love to All.  Mel
website: www.melpots.com
www.melpots.com/CLAYART.HTML