[Clayart] Thank You Clayart/prices

mel jacobson melpots at mail.com
Sat Jan 8 12:27:19 UTC 2022

And, it is wonderful to see the many names of old-timers back on clayart
It will refresh the air.

Before things morph into an all out fight of politics, let us get back
to clay.

It is very important for all of us to do a real good job of cleaning
and taking stock of your studio/workspace and materials.  Things are
going to get much tighter to get and the prices may stagger you.

Does one wonder why my green glaze is made from the old recipe 1234.
Nothing complex. Standard materials, Feldspar, Silica, Ball clay
and any flux.  For those that do not do facebook, there is a pix
of the new glaze, clayart page, bottom. and top. big pix.

As was mentioned, ready made glazes my go up in price by ten times.
West High math, one bottle of glaze $10, this spring...$100.

Time to start re/cycling clay. get it in tight plastic bags. Use up
everything in your studio.

And, most important, your customers may start to tighten their belts...if
you get what I mean?  I am pushing the 40 dollar bowl for wedding gifts.
I think the $125 standard gift will be modified.  I even had new "brag cards"
made. Rich black and white, logo and teapot image. Heavier card stock.
The day of the multi-color brochure will be gone for many of you.

I do not think I am doing "Chicken Little".  The wave is coming.
Mel

website: www.melpots.com
www.melpots.com/CLAYART.HTML