[Clayart] Water removal

Snail Scott claywork at flying-snail.com
Sat Jan 8 19:09:13 UTC 2022

> On Jan 4, 2022, at 11:14 AM, John Rodgers <jrodgers113 at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... It was noted that
> there was a continuous stream of water coming from the dehumidifier. That
> water, plus the air condition water,  being free of minerals because it was
> condensate water, was used to make glazes…

My studio has no running water per se, but the condensation from my window A/C unit gives me about 1/2 gallon per hour in the summer months. I have a bucket on wheels underneath it, sitting in an oil-change pan as an overflow in case I don’t get the bucket swapped in time. I fill a bucket every day in the summer…more water than I can use, for glaze, washing, and every other thing.

-Snail