[Clayart] Water removal

Tim Kokesh tjkokesh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 20:21:49 UTC 2022

Dorothy, water from a dehumidifier is not distilled, but is simply
condensed. any particulates (dust, mold spores, etc.) in the air have a
chance of ending up in the condensed water. distillation happens in a
closed system. no reason not to use it, but it is far from being pure.

Tim

On Sun, Jan 9, 2022 at 1:39 PM Dorothy Parshall <dorothyp at whidbey.com>
wrote:

> I was wondering about the idea of ingesting water from a humidifier. It is
> distilled; why not? But… I have been using distilled water in the Kitchen
> for 20 years and in glazes for about 10 - thanks to the help of clayart my
> burgundy glaze works just fine! I have a bonafide distiller in the K.
>
> Dorothy
>

> > On Jan 9, 2022, at 6:33 AM, paul gerhold <gerholdclay at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > As long as you are not ingesting it!
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > Sent from my iPad

> That
> it was
> >>
> >> My studio has no running water per se, but the condensation from my
> window A/C unit gives me about 1/2 gallon per hour in the summer months. I
> have a bucket on wheels underneath it, sitting in an oil-change pan as an
> overflow in case I don’t get the bucket swapped in time. I fill a bucket
> every day in the summer…more water than I can use, for glaze, washing, and
> every other thing.
> >>
> >> -Snail
> >>

> --
Tim Kokesh