[Clayart] Water removal

Snail Scott claywork at flying-snail.com
Sun Jan 9 20:40:50 UTC 2022

> On Jan 9, 2022, at 12:21 PM, Dorothy Parshall <dorothyp at whidbey.com> wrote:
>
> I was wondering about the idea of ingesting water from a humidifier. It is distilled; why not?

It’s distilled when it leaves the mechanism, but my house dehumidifier grows some nasty gunk in its bucket, which is difficult to clean properly.

Likewise, the condensation drip from the studio A/C would be clean, if I cleaned the coils it’s condensing on, and the bucket it drips into. But I don’t. It’s easier to carry drinking water up from the house in an old soda bottle.

The bucket gunk seems to play happily enough with my glazes; It’s mostly organic, after all.

-Snail