[Clayart] What are you doing?

Dorothy Parshall dorothyp at whidbey.com
Mon Jan 10 17:28:57 UTC 2022

Thankful for Vince’ reminder to listen to music,  I opened the ever-ready computer, my only source of music, and got lost in the morass. As I deleted emails, kept noticing the one from Vince and… finally remembered music can be simultaneous with trying to deal with the dreadful stance of my GD and might help my mental health. Music usually does. If the laptop was not holding me down I might get up and “dance” - sort of - and sometimes I do. Wonderful music from 70s by an Anglophone who switched to French and became a well known in Montreal. (Jim Corcoran)

Long walks! - not in Quebec in winter. One broken ankle was enough. I keep trying to get past the internet fog to the pottery wheel… And I water the plants, nurture them, think about when I can start seeds - early March! And sometimes I prepare some food for the two of us; on order today: more applesauce from good Quebec apples, and basic humous. If I go to the store I can make cauliflower cheddar soup. Reminder: books to library today! If it is open I can pick up more; closures/lockdowns in Montreal area are quixotic and change faster than the weather. I can check on line - the laptop… Cold out there -11C but sunny. A sunny day in Jan is almost guaranteed to be cold.

Love that the Craft Center was saved - maybe your healthy eating helped! Jim’s music has helped me. TY.

Now to see how my friends on FB are doing; at least 3 are in need of caring support so I will check in to remind them I am thinking of them and care. Even though that is “all” I can do.  Like posts on clayart, it does help to have caring people even at a great distance and to be reminded that there is more to life than a fog. Music heals; words can heal; knowing someone cares can heal. TY clayart; TY Mel and Arnold for keeping this alive. And all the rest of you for being.

Time for a healthy lunch!

Dorothy, in Quebec this month.