[Clayart] NOW: "Great Ideas of Western Man".....WAS: "Minneapolis has turned into a night mare city"

David Woof woofpots at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 14 05:52:18 UTC 2022

Hi Vince,
I took your logical conclusion re. "Fools" and noticed it could go one step further.

I think Hegel was writing in the collective sense that the masses learn nothing from history, not because there is nothing to learn, but because most people are swept along in their pursuits of selfish sensual gratifications.
Perhaps this is what you were getting at also.

It takes more energy and thought to rise to the spiritual plane where one can meditate on these lessons of repeated history.    And come to realize a futility when attempting to effect lasting change in a world society where "WE"  delusionally believe that "WE" are in control and must become the driver for change.

So this futile pursuit, as fools, includes us all unless we as individuals, realize humans can't get off the tread mill to change the repeated course of history, and so must turn to a powerful higher more intelligent source than "WE'"ourselves.

Since "WE" have so long labored under the delusion that we were in control it will be impossible for the majority to surrender, and who will no doubt doggedly press on until the curtain falls on the spectacular mess "They" continue to make.

What will you do?...... What will I do?

OOPs we almost didn't post something about clay or ceramic glazes in this exchange!!!  How's your Pots?

Love,