[Clayart] Wide range clay

Vanessa Greene bequiet at att.net
Fri Jan 21 15:39:52 UTC 2022

Any thoughts from all you experienced potters about those clays that are marketed as a wide ranging temp clay, cone 6-10…..are they really fully vitrified at cone 6? I hear very different opinions about this…..what absorption rate is necessary for functionally food safe pots?  ( continental clays B clay, Buff etc…. )
I have always fired these clays to cone 10 but some people suggest that these clays are suitable for both cone 6 and 10 firings. Thoughts?

Vanessa Greene