[Clayart] Wide range clay

William Schran wschran at twc.com
Sat Jan 22 14:20:35 UTC 2022

2% or less I believe is what John Hesselberth & Ron Roy recommend as
absorption rate in their book "Mastering Cone 6 Glazes" and I also
recommend this to artists producing functional ware.
I use a local clay, Star 6 Red produced by Starworks Clay, read more
here: https://www.starworksnc.org/starworks-clay. Their cone 6 clays
formulated with local clays have absorption rates of 1.68% and 1.92%
and I often fire these closer to a cone 7. I'm VERY fortunate to live
nearby a small producer of local clay.

William Schranwschran at twc.com703-505-1617