[Clayart] slab roller for sale/workshop

Robert Harris robertgharris at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 17:01:09 UTC 2022

Reminds me of the story that old-style terracotta roof tiles (the half
tubes seen all over the Mediterranean), were just formed over the thigh.
Sadly, unlike the Cuban cigars said to be rolled on the thighs of nubile
young women, these were probably burly chain-smoking hairy-legged men.
(Although I can see that appealing to some members of the list).

I do wonder however if some poor tiler had the devil of a time when half
the tiles were made by some 6 foot nordic import, and the other half were
made by the archetypal tiny old Italian guy.