[Clayart] Vertical pugmills

W Seidl wjsmaine at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 18:32:48 UTC 2022

IIRC (and I checked to be sure), 6 inch diameter (about 15.4cm) schedule
80 PVC has a working p.s.i. (pounds per square inch) of 280, while 8
inch (about 20.5cm) schedule 80 has a working pressure of only 250.  No
idea how encasing it in concrete would affect the working pressure, but
I should think you would need at least a 6 inch thick concrete wall of
4000 psi concrete to deal with he same pressure.  Now, that begs the
question: Is there that much pressure coming from clay through a pugmill?

Best,

Wayne in Maine