[Clayart] slab roller for sale/workshop

Terry Lazaroff terrylazaroff at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 00:50:43 UTC 2022

Hi Vince;
Did you happen to notice if the worker scored the cylinder?

This process sounds Iike the method the Chinese use to make roof tiles. When they make the roof tiles, they slice a slab from a prepared mound of clay.  The mound’s width is close to the height of the form. The clay slab is wrapped around cloth covered form.  This form is made to allow it to collapse,  and to be removed from inside the cylinder, once the clay is set.   He scores the cylinder before setting it outside to dry.  The dried cylinders are once fired and they are broken around the scored lines.  These are the tiles.

Terry.

Sent from my iPad