[Clayart] Offgassing bisque

Robert Harris robertgharris at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 16:17:53 UTC 2022

Pretty much the only likely chemical reactions are ones that give off CO2.

Something like a bicarbonate reaction with acid  Not saying that's what it
is, just more likely. See if the gas puts out a match. You could see if
adding a bit of vinegar speeds up the evolution of the gas.

Only other possibilities, both fairly farfetched would be hydrogen (match
wil light it - stand back) or hydrogen sulfide (which would be really
obvious).

Robert