[Clayart] saving mugs

mel jacobson melpots at mail.com
Mon Jan 31 13:40:30 UTC 2022

I have saved every mug or small bowl that clayarters and others
have gifted to me.  I have a large box in Tonka that we rotate from.
(a smaller box here at the farm) I have lots of trade pots too.

I have said many times, the two best exhibits of pots at nceca are
the clayart mug exchange and the k-12 show. Totally without ego.

Nothing would piss me off more than to have someone throw away
a gift I presented to a person. I also saw a group of $100 mugs
for sale in a gallery, what crap that was.

I have a small porcelain cup on my bathroom counter that is about
25 years old. I never move it, as it is a really nice piece from
and unknown potter at nceca. I like using it every day.

I even have a Hendley...but, I did buy a set of dishes from him too.
Our family loves David's pots.

And the many pots I gifted to the Amoca Museum in Cal sure had some
head turners in the Container of 200.  All traded and collected over
55 years.
mel

website: www.melpots.com
www.melpots.com/CLAYART.HTML